Sunday, March 7, 2010

Starting week 2.....

As I post this I have just finished my first workout for week #2 on my journey. I can honestly say that on my 2 days of rest I missed working out and kept wondering to myself if I should do something on the elliptical or something else. I chose not to keeping with the workout routine I'm following. Maybe as my endurance builds up and I get stronger I'll do some cardio on those days, but not right now.

My world view of food is changing big time. I had a buddy of mine that I have known since we were 8 years old email me when he saw what I was doing. He too had put on weight over the years. While I dont remember him being nearly as big as I was in school I believe the years after high school had caught up with him. We lost touch over the years and like so many others kind of reconnected via Facebook. He told me his story and what he had done and one of the things he said that has been sticking with me is that his lifestyle was "a slow suicide". I've been thinking about that statement a lot as my lifestyle has been the same thing.
The biggest thing I have learned this week is that this is not just about a bet, not about losing a little weight or even going on a diet. This for me is a complete lifestyle change.
I had to run a call at work this weekend because I happen to be the lucky guy on call. My weakness as I was running calls or driving a truck for that matter was fast food. I passed all of my former death camps and the thought of stopping almost made me sick! Three weeks ago I would have stopped at even the thought of being hungry! One thing I know is that I cant go back to the way I was living. I refuse to!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you!, That is realy tough to do out on the road. I am typically a sucker for the dollar menu stuff, but lately I have stayed away!

    ReplyDelete