Thursday, March 4, 2010

The first post.........

I'm 35 years old and weigh 323 pounds. That's morbidly obese. I play it off most of the time, but I don't like my image. I have tried many times to change the way I look. I've started exercise programs, joined a gym, bought work out equipment. All of that I have done over the years and guess what? I'm still a fat ass.
So on a bet from work, I decided to lose weight. To make a long story short, the loser of the bet has to wear a wifebeater and jeans out to Olive Garden while the others laugh at him. I decided to join the bet, much to the surprise of everyone at work.
While I was trying to figure out how I was going to accomplish my weight loss, I found multiple people in my same shoes that have lost 100 pounds and even much more than that! I thought to myself that I could do that!
You see, every time I went to the gym, I got advice from people that have always been fit, not a slug like me with the same struggles I have. It's hard to relate to someone like that.
Back track to all the fatties I saw losing all this weight online. They all have been through the same crap I have in the past. Wanting to lose the weight, but never following through. Now a lot of them have and you know what it did? Gave me hope that I can do the very same thing!
So here I start. On blood pressure and cholesterol meds, borderline diabetic, and pretty damned unhealthy. Where I end up will be 100 pounds lighter at least and off my meds. Able to shop and buy the clothes I want. Able to ride rides at Busch Gardens with my kids. Alive to see my 3 girls get married and have kids of their own.
Here I go!!!

4 comments:

  1. I think this is great. What is your diet and exercise plan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No fast food, portion control, whole natural foods and lots of water no soda. Exercise is a combo of Bowflex and elliptical

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am trying not to drink soda anymore, but I had a really good beer tonight. I suppose it doesn't help

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really proud of you Doug. Patrick lost over 100 pounds in 08...so I know it's possible! Especially someone as stubborn as you! LOL! <3

    ReplyDelete